Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Good Day


It should be I hope. My buddy Isaac and I are going to the Gopher men's basketball game where they host #13 Wisconsin at the Barn. Tubby Smith has done an incredible job with the misfit team he inherited this year--his first with the Gophs. I went to a Gopher game about a month ago when then #9 Indiana came to town and was blown away by the tremendous experience. It truly was one of the greatest spectator events I have ever been a part of. The elevated floor makes "The Barn" unique, the pillars stimulates one to understand that it's one of the oldest arenas in America, and the noise from the crowd can dishearten the most savvy oponent to drop to their knees and beg for mercy. The Barn can be a wretched place for opponents to play in. I'm expecting nothing less this afternoon.


It's also Super Bowl Sunday. Whew, I think the line (I think it's 13 1/2 points in favor for the Pats) is a bit bloated. The Giants have done a phenomenal job winning away from home in every game of the playoffs. Two key wins to point out: the upset at Dallas and the upset at frigid Lambeau. I'm still puzzeled how they beat Farve in his frozen fortress. They did and if Manning can stay poised like he has this then should be a Super Bowl actually worth watching since I can't remember the last good one. Oh yeah, the Rams and Titans was a great game going to the one yard line on the last play. That was 8, yes I said 8, years ago. It's time for a good one.

2 comments:

Jake said...

Quite a game tonight, eh?

Chad Fix said...

Probably one of the greatest upsets in NFL history.